These high-performance single layer jeans are the pinnacle of the Knox jean collection. This is due to their amazing strength and high-performance Class AAA rating that conforms to EN17092-2:2020. To put this in perspective, the AAA a class is normally reserved for one piece leather race suits.
Shield denim jeans are made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fibres. These fibres are known for their high strength and durability, yet they still offer added stretch for exceptional all-day comfort on a motorcycle. Spectra ®, being one of the worlds lightest yet strongest fabrics is 40% stronger than aramid and a staggering fifteen times stronger than steel! The weave of the denim is entirely unique and delivers unparalleled strength in like for like weights.
While the jeans are superior in strength and comfort, Spectra® also repels moisture, helping the wearer to stay dry. Spectra fibre additionally helps the rider to stay cool since it pulls heat from the body. Because Spectra® fibre is stronger, regular wear and tear is much less of a concern. These are hypo allergenic and won’t, therefore, cause irritation.
There are four invisible armour pockets with easy external access for removal of low-profile Knox CE Micro-Lock protectors in the hips and knees. These are fitted as standard and come with a five year guarantee when registered. These Shield jeans make up part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. Simply add a waterproof trouser over the top when it rains and wear a base layer for added comfort.
The Spectra denim fabric additionally provides some heat resistance. They have been tested to EN ISO 11612:2015 and they pass all the requirements for both radiant and contact heat.
All of this is delivered with a carefully tailored tapered fit which looks perfect both on and off the bike. Details such as leather branding on the waist, Knox branded rivets, key ring and waist button as well as YKK zips all finish these Shield jeans to the incredibly high standards that they are built on. Four deep pockets, as well as being machine washable, add to their practicality.
The Shield jeans are available in indigo blue with a choice of a regular leg length of 33” or a short 30” leg. Sizes are from a S – 3XL.
- Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fibres known for their high strength and durability (UHMWP) with added stretch for exceptional comfort.
- The Spectra denim fabric provides some heat resistance. They have been tested to EN ISO 11612:2015 and pass the requirements for Radiant and Contact heat.
- CE Approved to EN17092-2 Class AAA
- Carefully tailored tapered fit for a perfect fit on and off the bike.
- Invisible armour pockets with external access for easy removal of low profile Knox CE protectors.
- CE approved Knox MICRO-LOCK Knee and hip protectors supplied as standard.
- 5 year guarantee on Micro-Lock protectors when registered
- Leather branding on the waist.
- Knox branded rivets, key ring and waist button YKK Zips
- 4 deep pockets
- Machine Washable – see content label for details.
- Colour – Indigo Blue only
- Leg Length – Reg 33”. Short Leg 30”
- Sizes S 30” – 3XL 40”